We've come to the end of another year and once again I'm without a favourites of the year list of any sort (although I will happily share that my favourite read of 2013 was actually a 2009 YA novel called Raw Blue, by Kirsty Eagar, and at this very moment I'm falling in love with Jo Baker's Longbourn).
• If I say, without any hint of sarcasm, that Toronto mayor Rob Ford is doing a good job
• ditto Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper (aka the Grinch who Stole Canada)
• if I mention having gone to a spa or gym or having had a pedicure/manicure
• if I use the words 'bromance' or 'man cave' without ridiculing the terms
• if I say I can't wait for the latest new adult romance between a tattooed, womanizing, bad boy type and the 'relucant' girl he wins over
• if I tell you I watched Game of Thrones last night
• if I say Matt Smith played the Doctor better than David Tennant
• if I say 80s music sucks
There are countless more warning signs, to be sure, but if any of the above biggies occur in 2014 please contact CSETI (the Center for the Study of Extraterrestrial Intelligence) and inform them of what's happened! Then hopefully a rescue attempt can be mounted for me.
Happy New Year everyone! And don't forget to post your own Body Snatchers Warning Signs list so that you have a chance of being saved if you're taken over by an alien life form.